He began his career winning several prizes in national and international competitions: the most remarkable are without any doubt the First Prize in the Alessandria Guitar Competition (1987) and Third Prize in the Radio France Guitar Competition (1989).
These prizes enabled him to be admitted at the prestigious Ecole Normale de Musique ‘A. Cortot in Paris, where he got the License Superieur de Concertiste under the guide of Alberto Ponce.
He has been teaching in Italian Conservatory since 1994; since 2007 he has been teaching in Santa Cecilia Conservatory in Rome where he holds the Guitar Chair.
He co-operated and co-operates with artists internationally renowned: the guitarist Magnus Andersson, the singer Michiko Hirayama, the contemporary music group Modus Novus Madrid, the Choir of the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, the pianist Bruno Canino
He has performed in Festivals and Concert series all over the Europe and in U.S.A, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Montenegro, Slovenia, Croatia, Estonia.
Many composers wrote for him: we can mention M. Bortolotti, F. Razzi, A. Di Scipio, S. Tallini, I..Vescovo, F. Casti, M. Cardi, P. Esposito, D. Nicolau, F. Cavallone, L. Cinque, G.V. Cresta, M. Coen, M. D’Amico, S. Gacevich, M. Dall’Ongaro, O.J. Garcia, A. Amoroso, G. Boselli, M. Pisati, T. Marco, E. Cocco, M. Morgantini, F. Telli, F. Cifariello-Ciardi, S. Cardini, J. Dashow.
Arturo Tallini recorded several cd’s:
• Rosso Improvviso, with musica NY Bach, Ginastera, Berio, Maderna.
• BLU the last one, containing the spectacular Ko-Tha by Giacinto Scelsi, for guitar handled like a percussion instrument, and musics by Britten,, Petrassi, D’Angelo, Dall’Ongaro, Cresta, Nicolau.
• Castelnuovo-Tedesco Guitar Chamber Works with all the chamber music repertoire of Italian composer.
• Zorongo a cd devoted to F. Garcia-Lorca with Tallini transcriptions of Canciones Populares Españolas by the Spanish poet.
• Several cd’s for three guitars with most of the three guitar repertoire that he practiced for many years
His interpretations have been broadcasted by RAI (Italian Radio and Television), by several European national radio companies (Yugoslav Radio, Radio France, Tunisian Radio), American radio WQED-FM at Pittsburg (Pennsylvany) and by Vatican Radio.
He regularly teaches in masterclasses in several Italian conservatories and in universities, courses, summer courses.
In 2016 the XXI International Guitar Convention awarded him with the Golden Guitar for Didactics.