Director Franco Scala
Vice Director Roberto Giordano
The Piano Courses are the core of the International Academy of Imola, born in 1989 under Maestro Scala’s will to change the music teaching method starting from this tool. The teaching method at the Accademia is built up of courses, seminars, practice and concerts, which are scheduled for every year by the Faculty and approved by the educational committee.
It is possible to enter as Auditor, under a previous authorization to be obtained by written request via e-mail to the main office address. Auditors may attend to all the Academy’s activities, under the single teacher’s authorization, but they are not allowed to write on their resumé that they are or were students at the Accademia.
The Academic year starts on October 15th and finishes on October 14th of the following year.
The admission exams for the 2021-2022 academic year will take place on September 14th and 15th 2021.
Admissions to the Piano Courses at the Accademia follow the students’ age:
1) Pre-Academic Course – up to 14 years old.
2) Multi-annual Course – from 15 years old to 19 years old
3) Three-years Course – from 20 to 26 years old
4) Post-Diploma Course (after diploma) – reserved to students who graduated at the Accademia
5) Senior Courses – for pianists over 27 years old