Director Franco Scala
The Piano Courses are the core of Imola International Academy, born in 1989 under Maestro Scala’s will to change the music teaching method starting from this tool. The teaching method at the Accademia is built up of courses, seminars, practice and concerts, which are scheduled for every year by the Teaching Board and approved by the educational management committee.
The academic year lasts from 15th October to 14th October of the following year.
It is possible to make a request for attending a lesson as Auditor, by writing an e-mail to the main office address. Auditors may attend to all the Academy’s activities, under the single teacher’s authorization, but they are not allowed to write on their resumé that they are or were students at the Academy.
The admission exams for the 2022-2023 academic year are going to take place:
- 21st July (afternoon) and 25th July (morning) for the external students attending the Imola Summer Music Academy and Festival; for more info please see the related website section.
Admissions to the Piano Courses at the Academy follow the students’ age:
1) Pre-Academic Course – up to 14 years old.
2) Multi-annual Course – from 15 years old to 19 years old
3) Three-year Course – from 20 to 26 years old
4) Post-Diploma Course (after diploma) – reserved to students who graduated at the Accademia
5) Senior Courses – for pianists over 27 years old